Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Milestones...First day of kindergarten

I had envisioned a much cuter outfit to mark the occasion. You know, a button-down top, pleated skirt, lace-trimmed socks and Mary Jane's. Little did I know that I would become one of those parents whose mantra would be, "Pick your battles!" So I let her have her way or shall I say "express her own sense of style" with a falling-apart-at-the-seams sundress and flip-flops.

And don't be fooled by the tense pose (clenched fists) in the picture. Emma broke away from Hunter and me about halfway down the hall, pushing her way past parents to get through the doorway and into the classroom to meet her friends. No tears...phew!

2 comments:

megan said...

ohhhhhh...she is sooo cute! she looks so much like you..I love it!

Sabra said...

That a girl!

My sheep

Hunter & Emma

Hunter & Emma
(Bubba & Roo)

Love TAMN!